Join our volunteering team
Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of those affected by cancer in Norfolk and Waveney?
Every year, generous people in Norfolk & Waveney donate a huge amount of their free time to help support the work of Big C. We could not continue to support those affected by cancer without these dedicated individuals.
With cancer, everything can change and through the support of our volunteers we can make a local difference. Some people give their time, others help us raise funds. Whatever the activity, by volunteering with Big C you will directly help local people affected by cancer. All volunteers find their time with Big C rewarding from gaining experience, developing new skills or just gaining new friends and associates.
Mission, vision and values
Big C’s Core Values are Respect, Empathy, Support, Trust and Honesty. They provide a benchmark for behaviour across the organisation. If you share these values, would like to join our mission as a volunteer and have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
We actively encourage people with disabilities to apply for any of Big C’s work opportunities. These include paid employment, work experience placements and voluntary work. Big C commits to:
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, by: ensuring against discrimination, making job adverts accessible, providing information in accessible formats (for example, large print) and accepting applications in alternative formats (for example, electronically).
- Communicating and promoting vacancies through a range of appropriate channels.
- Offering interviews to people with disabilities who meet our essential criteria.
- Anticipating and providing adjustments as required.
- Supporting people who acquire a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work.
Take me to a different section:
Apply to become a Big C Volunteer
To apply for our volunteering opportunities, please complete the application form here: