What will I gain from Volunteering?
Volunteering can be a rewarding way to spend some free time. You can also gain valuable skills that can enhance your CV.
Benefits of volunteering with Big C include:
- having fun
- feeling valued and rewarded
- having a sense of purpose, focus and personal achievement
- sharing your skills and expertise to benefit others
- having a positive influence on the lives of others
- learning new skills
- meeting people and making new friends
- being part of a team
Who can volunteer?
Anyone can volunteer with the Big C to help support the vital work of the charity. Some roles require volunteers to be over 18.
Children and young people between 14 to 18 will require parental consent to volunteer and if you are of school age we will need to obtain a work permit.
We accept applications for Duke of Edinburgh and Work Experience.
If your company allows you time to volunteer, we would like to hear from you.
How do I become a volunteer?
- Apply – See below for how to apply.
- Processing – We’ll be in touch to acknowledge your application and start the recruitment process.
- Meet the team – We will invite you to meet up with a member of the team for a chat about what you can offer and what you want to get out of volunteering.
- Join the team – Your manager will ensure that you receive an induction programme that covers what you need to know about working for Big C and your work with the charity.
To apply for our volunteering opportunities, please complete the application form here.
If you would like to enquire further about our opportunities, please contact the Volunteer team on the below details:
Phone: 01603 619900
Apply to become a Big C Volunteer
To apply for our volunteering opportunities, please complete the application form here: